Submit a Bug report
Help to improve mARCH
I am keen to fix bugs that you find and to discuss with you about how to improve mARCH. However, there are a number of steps that you must follow that will make it far easier for you and me to track and discuss your bug reports.
Please read the information below before submitting your bug reports. Thank you - neil.
What to do?
- As a first step I would ask you to read through the help page for the tool concerned, including the notes and limitations sections.
- All bug reports must be submitted via our online help desk. The online system will allow you to easily track the progress of your requests. Please do not send via email.
- Clearly state the issue that you're having and prefer to provide images rather than long text descriptions. Feel free to draw on and add text to images to describe the issue.
- Please submit each bug report separately. Focus on a single issue/bug for each submission.
- If you wish you can create (send me a link) to a video showing what is going wrong when using a given tool.
What information do I need to include?
To find and fix bugs I need to replicate your actions here. In order to do so there are some essential pieces of information that I need. When submitting a report, please tell me:
- Which version of modo are you using? eg. 601 sp4
- Which OS are your using -- OS X Lion, Windows 7, etc.?
- Which version of mARCH are you using? You can find this information in modo by selecting “Help > Kit Version” from the main menu
- What tool are you're having trouble with?
- Step-by-Step instructions that detail the actions that you preformed prior to seeing the issue in question. These are essential.
- Please take the time to include an image of modo's UI that shows the user interface of the tool that you're having trouble with -- I need to see the settings that you used so that I can replicate them here.
- Please include a scene file when it makes sense to do so eg. an operation that fails on a specific piece of geometry. I just need the bit you were having trouble with and usually a few polygons is all that's required.
Cut and paste sample geometry into a new modo scene (lxo) and attach it to your bug report. Including a scene file is important as I need to be able to re-create the same conditions that were present when the issue arose.
I appreciate that submitting bug reports takes some time and effort, but be assured that it will help to improve mARCH for everyone.