Slice tool pages
Slice Tools: Projection Slice
Projection slice facilitates the vertical slicing of geometry along a given facing and to a specific cut depth. This tool uses an edge selection to specify where the cuts are made and a polygon selection to determine the direction of cutting.
Projection slice is especially useful for cutting wall geometry from 2D plans (2D projections) and/or for cutting wall geometry to a specified depth.
How to use…
- Switch to Perspective view - orthagonal views are not supported.
- Click on “Slice Tools” to open the tool's UI
- Select two mesh items
- In the first mesh item, which contains the target geometry, select one polygon (cutting direction)
- In the second mesh item, select one or more edges
- Set maximum cut depth
- Click “Projecion Slice”
- Projection slice supports making vertical cuts in geometry. It is superior to using “Constrained Slice” when cutting the walls of a building model since you can control the cut depth and it works independently of the perspective view's orientation.
- Projection slice only works in perspective view. It does not function if an orthogonal 3D view is selected.
- Does not support X-up axis coordinate space.