Extrude to Point Heights
Python script | Updated: 08-Dec-2012
Extrude selected polygons in one mesh item to the heights of selected vertices in another mesh item. This tool is especially useful for extruding a floor plan (walls) to heights taken from an imported architectural elevation.
How to use…
- Select two mesh items
- In the first mesh item, select the polygons that you want to extrude.
- In the second mesh item, select one or more vertices
- Click on the “Extrude to Point Heights” button.
Please note that this tool now runs directly from the mARCH tool bar and no longer opens a separate palette window as shown in the video, below,
- You can select the vertices in any order as they are sorted by height before the polygon extrusion takes place.
- Does not support X-up axis coordinate space.