Align Mesh Items
Move an entire mesh or model until a selected vertex rests in a specified position or at the world origin.
This tool is especially useful for fine tuning the alignment of polyline plans or anytime when you need a specific point of a mesh to be at a given location.
How to use...
- Click on “Align Mesh Item” to open the tool's UI
- Select one mesh item
- Select a single vertex
- Click “Move to Origin” or “Move to Stored Position”
- Move to Origin
- Move the mesh so that the selected vertex is located at the world origin.
- Store Vertex Position
- Stores the position of a selected vertex. This position can subsequently be used when “Move to Stored Position” is selected, see below.
- Switch-on Move Tool
- After a mesh is moved to a new position using “Move to Stored Position”, modo's move tool will be activated with its centre located at the selected vertex, to allow for further adjustment to be made.
- Move to Stored Position
- Move the mesh so that the selected vertex is located at the previously stored position, see “Store Vertex Position”