- Quickly create/bridge multiple window and door openings.
Bridge multiple polygons or polygon groups at once, assuming they meet a pre-defined set of criteria. This tool has been designed and tuned specifically for the task of bridging multiple window and door openings in a building model and has special options that create geometry ready for use with mARCH's window generators.
How to use…
- Select one mesh item
- Select two or more polygons or groups of polygons
- Set options
- Click “Apply: Smart Bridge”
Please note that only “Matching mode”, “Segments” and “Max. Distance” are required and must be set when using smart bridge. The remaining options are for use when you want to use mARCH's window generators to build geometry in the openings created using this tool.
- Update Material
- Update the colour and transparent amount used for the window polygon's material, if one was created.
- Material Colour
- Colour of the window polygons.
- Material Trans. Amt.
- Set the transparent amount for the window polygon material.
- Assign Material (optional)
- Create a material for the window polygons
- Create Polygons (optional)
- Create window polygons after bridging. These polygons can be used as position locators by mARCH's window generators. The first selected polygon determines the facing of the newly created polygons and all polygons/groups selected must share the same facing or opposed facing, else no polygons will be created.
- Matching mode
- Tolerant (Best Guess)
- A liberal method for matching together polygons/polygon-groups for bridging. This mode is ideal for use when the selected polygons or polygon groups do not precisely match-up and is good for bridging curved, offset and corner areas/openings. I recommend that you use this mode.
- Opposing polygons/groups are only bridged if they meet a strict set of criteria and match-up perfectly to one another. Use when bridging rectangular openings if you wish to check that all your geometry is matching-up correctly - polygons that do not meet the pre-defined standard will remain highlighted.
- The number of segments or divisions that will be created when bridging the polygons
- Max. Distance
- The maximum distance that two opposing polygons/groups can be apart and still be considered as a match and bridged. This setting only applies when the “Matching mode” is set to “Exact”.
- Apply: Smart Bridge
- Bridge the polygons/groups selected. Any polygons that remain highlighted do not meet the matching criteria and therefore were not bridged.
- Smart Bridge uses very strict criteria, when “Exact” mode is selected, to match polygons or polygon groups. If bridging does not occur it is likely that the selected polygons do not have opposing normals and/or are not of the same size. These restrictions help to highlight errors in your geometry prior to bridging.
- modo 701's bridge tool now has the ability to bridge multiple polygons sets in one go. However, it does not leave behind the single polygon locators for use with mARCH's window generators and, unlike Smart Bridge, it requires you to select the polygons in a specific order.