Merge 'n Clean Mesh Items
- Bring together the polylines from multiple mesh item layers after you have imported them into modo.
Clean-up, flatten and merge multiple mesh items down to a single mesh item layer. This script is great for merging multiple items after importing polylines or other geometry.
- Click on Merge 'n Clean Mesh Items to open the UI.
- Select one or more mesh items.
- Choose options.
- Click “Apply - Merge Mesh Items”.
- Remove Original Items
- Delete the original mesh item selection after the merging is completed.
- Centre to World Origin
- Centre the geometry around the origin after the merging is completed.
- Merge Verts
- After the mesh items are merged, vertices will be merged using modo's built-in merge tool.
- Merge Distance
- Set the distance used to determine if points are close enough together to be merged.
- Remove One Point Polys
- After the mesh items are merged, polygons that contain one vertex (these are legal in modo) will be deleted.
- Remove Floating Vertices
- After the mesh items are merged, vertices that are not part of a polygon will be deleted.
- Flatten Vertices
- After the mesh items are merged, vertices can be flatten to a given axis. In the case of imported polylines, this will ensure that all vertices lie on the designated ground plane.
- Apply: Merge Mesh Items
- Merge the selected mesh items.
- modo 701 features a new built-in Merge Items command. However, it neither performs the additional clean-up actions of this script nor helps you to keep a copy the original mesh items.