Add Light At Poly Pos
- Adding lights to scenes imported from CAD software where polygons have been used to represent the position of light fixtures.
- Adding lights or portals outside of your windows.
Adds a light at the position of- and orientated to- each selected polygon. With Area and Portals lights the command also attempts to match the size of each selected polygon.
- Select one or more polygons.
- Click 'Add Light at Poly Pos'
- Set your options in the pop-up and click OK.
- Light Type
- The type of light (e.g. Area, Photometric, Spot, etc.) that you wish to add to your scene.
- After the lights are added you can choose to automatically select the lights, light materials or both. This allows you to quickly adjust all the attributes for a set of lights.
- Use this field to set the light intensity. (Added: v1 r02)
- Co-located polygons, with matching position and normals, are taken into account so that only one light is built at each selected location. However, if two selected polygons are in the same position, but with opposite normals, then two lights will be created.
- The orientation of each polygon is determined from its normal and other information. However, as it is possible to spin around a normal/vector whilst maintaining the same facing it is not possible to calculate the ideal orientation under every condition. This primarily affects the size calculation for Area and Portals types when the selected polygons have unusual orientations.